Thursday, April 21, 2011

My new......old toy

I've taken up sewing recently. Nothing major, just a few projects here and there. I had mentioned this to my grandma, and she said that she had a sewing machine that she had used maybe twice. She said it's doing nothing but taking up space.Well long story short, she said "come pick it up." So I did.
It is AMAZING! It still has everything that is came with the day she bought it. Even the 25 year warranty. In the picture below you can see the date of purchase, Sept. 19, 1956. I love this machine. It works like a charm. They just don't make things like they used to. However, that being said, I don't know if I will use it much, it is just too precious. It has all the bells and all the whistles, it still has the thread she was using last, and on wooden spools of all things. It is just too cool. I do want to know how to thread it and where to put the oil, so I found an old sewing repair shop in murray that is willing to help me. I'll keep you posted!








No comments: