Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th of July


Oh boy the 4th of July!
We planned to go to Yuba Lake for the weekend with our friends the Stanley's. We over came obstacle after obstacle to get there for the weekend. And well.... Yuba Sucked! There is no beach for the kids to play on and it was way too hot! not to mention the mosquito infestation. This trip just reassured me that I am a mountain camper not a lake camper. Needless to say we left early and came home the very next day. We moved the party to my parents house. We had a BBQ swam until dark and then did some fireworks with the kids. It ended up being pretty fun. An unforgettable camping trip for sure!

On the 4th of July my mom's best friend (since high school) Brenda and her family came up from St.george to have a BBQ and just relax. Brenda was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer a little over 1 year ago. She is doing well, and is one hell of a fighter. I love you so much Bren, I can't wait to see you again next month!

No comments: