Tuesday, May 17, 2011

HALF MARATHON!

Almost 2 years ago I ran/walked a half marathon. Do you remember? My time wasn't very good, and I told myself I would NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER run another 13.1 miles again!
Well, Never say never ever!
My Boss has a personal goal of being able to run a half marathon. In order to help her reach that goal, I thought I would train and do it with her. And I have to tell you I'm excited about it. I didn't want to make a post about this until I was fully committed. And by that I mean, be able to at least run a mile without passing out. We have signed up for the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon, It is going to be absolutely beautiful! We're going to make a whole weekend out of it. So I booked a camp site at Ruby's Inn (where the race begins) and away we go. I started training on Friday, and let me tell you, I was dying at about 3/4 of a mile. As of today (3 days later) I can run a steady 2.5 miles.
If anybody is interested in going, either to just camp, or run the race let me know and I'll give you all the info! I'll keep you posted as I hit personal milestones. Wish me luck and cheer me on, I'm going to need it!

No comments: