Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A day in the life of....us

life is busy, busy, busy. Here is a day in the life of....well, us. The alarms start going off at 5:00 am. Lee heads to the gym and I'm up and getting ready for the day. At 6:30 I'm out the door and off to work. In the meantime Lee is calmly waking up Breken and getting him ready for school. Lee allows Breken to pick his own clothes, and they usually consist of some type of comic book character. Which is fine by me, he usually comes home covered in paint, dirt, or heaven knows what, as long as he's not wearing his good clothes then we are all happy.

Breken's school sends me an updated calendar every month, so I know what he is learning each and everyday and what he had for breakfast and lunch. I love knowing what he's learning.

Lee picks Breken up between 4-5 and they head home. I usually get home around 6 and off to the races we go. Dinner gets put in the oven. Breken and I sit down and go over what he learned that day, and then it's our "fun surprise time" This is another little learning activity that I like to do with him.

Yesterday we worked on the letter "D" for dinosaur, we made these cute "rocks" that has "fossilized" dinosaurs in them. The rocks are actually made out of dried coffee grinds, flour, sand, salt, and water. The "fossilized" dinosaur was just a small dinosaur toy. These were really easy to make and Breken loved breaking them open.

After dinner it's off to the tub where we continue to learn more about the letter "D" and the number 4.

We try to make the few hours we spend together fun. And no matter how tired I am I try to make it special. I am always looking for new things to do, so if you ever have any ideas let me know.









1 comment:

Kalee and Mike said...

Sounds fun! Such a good little mommy you are:) He is lucky to have you!